- Since 1982, my expertise has covered almost all areas of the construction industry from domestic and commercial projects through to all issues in connection with school buildings including, design development, assessment and monitoring. For the past 15 years Richard has managed his own practice providing architectural consultancy services and advice within the Public and Private realm of the construction industry.
Past employment (including consultancy services)
- Navigant Consulting Europe
- NPS Property Consultants
- LSI Architects
Education and Professional status
- ARB (Architects Registration Board)
- DQI Facilitator
- BA (Hons) Architecture Plymouth
- Dip Arch (RIBA) 1994 Oxford Brookes
- Registered Architect 1995
- Dip Urban Design 1994 JCUD Oxford Brookes
- Working within a team to ensure the DFE Academy projects were fit for purpose, provided value for money and were delivered on time and to budget by monitoring performance of design and construction teams on projects throughout the country
- Design and procurement of primary/ secondary schools, specialist FE projects and special needs schools.
- Masterplanning, design and technical procurement of Housing Association and private sector projects.
- Planning, design and procurement of HfE projects for private and public sectors.
- 25 years experience of Architectural design, project management, site supervision and procurement of a wide range of education and public sector projects in UK.
- Design, development and management of public and private healthcare projects in UK including dental practices .
- A consultant and project architect from a technical background, responsible for the development and delivery of capital projects working with teams of architects, surveyors structural engineers, quantity surveyors, mechanical and electrical engineers building surveyors and other specialists.
- Working closely with contractors, on both traditional and partnering arrangements enabling projects to be completed on time and within budget. Identifying and resolving potential problems throughout the projects programme from briefing issues through to the contractual phases.
- Continuation of value engineering throughout the design and procurement process. Getting best value whilst maintaining good design, fit for its purpose.
- Richard is currently accredited by the Construction Industry Council as one of the most experienced Design Quality Indicator (DQI) Facilitators and has carried out this role for several Local Authorities throughout the country.
- Spent a few years involved in the manufacture of high class bespoke glass houses
- Enrolled as a sessional lecturer at Norwich City College Construction Dept